Mobile connectivity and mobile application use are now the most popular way for global consumers, especially in developing countries, to communicate, get information, and buy things. Not everyone has a computer or a laptop; however, nearly everyone has a mobile phone.
There are now millions of mobile apps. Millions more are being created because it is getting easier to make them with low-code mobile application development tools.
What is Application Development?
Software application development consists of a process that includes programming design, application creation, testing, and deployment. Application development of mobile apps is continuing at a fever pace and is transforming e-commerce.
Low-Code Mobile App Development
Low-code mobile app development is one of the features that companies should look for when considering mobile application platforms. Low-code development uses visual icons to represent coding functions. These icons are drag-and-drop programming components that are placed into a visual programming-design structure without the user needing to understand or create any of the underlying programming code.
Low-Code Mobile App Development is Easy-Peasy
Much like how drag-and-drop WYSIWYG software tools make it much easier for users to create websites, low-code mobile app development makes it much easier to create mobile apps. These app development systems allow developers with little program language knowledge to create mobile apps using a graphical user interface instead of writing lines of code.
Coding platforms now are expanding to include artificial intelligence and blockchain technology so there is still plenty of interest in creating new mobile apps. Useful mobile app prototyping systems are Sketch (for Mac), Adobe Experience Design (for PC), InVision, and CanvasFlip.
Social Media as an Application Platform
One of the goals of a viable application platform is to make it easier for developers to increase user engagement. There is also a need for optimizing mobile apps by naming them well and using descriptive keywords that attract more downloads.
It is challenging to make stand-alone apps popular. Some developers have been successful by focusing on chatbots, which integrate with already popular instant messaging systems such as Facebook Messenger. The Facebook application platform allows developers to deploy apps on Facebook Messenger that have the potential of gaining popularity more quickly.
Low- Code Development Platforms
Popular development platforms for creating low-code mobile apps are:
- Zoho Creator — This is a drag-and-drop system with 50 templates for useful apps.
- BuildFire — This system works with both iOS and Android devices. It has a click-and-edit navigation feature that does not require knowing programming code.
- Xojo — This cross-platform app has drag-and-drop tools to make it very easy to design a beautiful mobile app interface. There are helpful things for beginners that include a library, example projects, instructional videos, and training documents.
- Buildbox — This is a “no-code” development platform that focuses on game creation. It is extremely easy to use.
- AppInstitute — This app builder uses modules that make it easy to build apps.
- io — This is a cloud-based low-code app development platform that uses a visual app-building tool.
- AppMachine — This system can scan a website and build an app from it.
- AppMakr — This no-code platform can take the content and create apps for an iPhone or Android device and mobile HTML5 websites. It is very easy to use to get a simple app up and running in a few minutes.
- Bizness Apps — This system can be used to create mobile apps that aggregate content from websites and social media.
- iBuild App — This is a drag-and-drop no-code system with over 1,000 templates available to use to make apps.
- Kalipso — Easily build apps using the drag-and-drop visual builder.
- LiveBlox — Build cool apps without coding by using the blocks of code in this system and its visual programming platform.
- OutSystems — A low-code solution for enterprise-level apps.
- ViziApps — Create enterprise-grade mobile apps with no coding using this visual design tool.
- Appcode — If you want to write code to create mobile apps then you can use this tool to help make the coding process easier.
Making mobile apps is now as easy as creating a website using a visual building tool that does not require any knowledge of programming code. The coding is all done for you by these visual design tools. If you have not made a mobile app yet, join the millions of others who are making them so easily with any of these low-code or no-code tools.