Most companies allocate at least 21% of their marketing budgets to having their executives attend in-person events. With so much budget and expenses on the line, it is imperative to track return on investment. But how can ROI be tracked for events?
This video describes five tactics you can use to boost ROI when establishing your marketing strategy and budgets for events.
The five marketing tactics discussed are:
1. Get creative: While the use of emails can be an inexpensive means of contacting prospective clients, it also is very competitive and can often be relied upon too heavily. Go for a more personalized approach.
2. Don’t be shy about contacting prospects: To be effective, a one-time round of calls won’t be effective. Prospects are typically inundated with invitations. Remember, your goal is to stand out above others to encourage attendance.
3. Master the follow-up: When calling prospective contacts, remember everyone’s time is valuable, whether you’re dealing with top executives or member of the sales team. Make every attempt to get appointments scheduled with key contacts and decision-makers.
4. Rank your leads: It is important to determine how your leads will be prioritized so that the hottest leads are contacted first.
5. Don’t forget the follow-up: The most effective tactics for follow-up are via social media, direct mail, email, and phone calls. Take it a step further by creating content that will further drive your message via webinars or scheduled demos.