Account-based marketing is a form of B2B marketing that engages whole businesses as actual customers and works to unite all decision-makers and stakeholders in the marketing process. This helps enable businesses to engage with their high-value customers in a personalized way that can create more interest in using that company’s product or services to meet their company needs.
When planning your account-based marketing campaign, you want to consider the best tactics to include in order to get the best engagement and earn a business’s investment with your company. Here are some of the best account-based marketing strategy concepts to consider.
- Use specific offers: Catering content to the specific account is key. Customers – including businesses – respond better to and engage more with content that is specific to their needs or solves their particular problems. For instance, if you are selling a data solution, creating a report to help a specific business how they can use your data in their own business is helpful.
- Use tactics to help get meetings: A meeting might not be a standard marketing KPI but getting in the same room with your target account stakeholders can be an extremely valuable outcome that drives revenue and grows positive customer relationships. A meeting gives you an opportunity to answer questions and showcase examples of how your solution can help their business. One way to get to more meetings is to present a potential customer with information, like a case study or white paper, and ask them to get in touch so you can show them how they can have similar results and more information on how it can work for their brand too.
- Keep retargeting: Retargeting social media and digital ads can help keep your brand in front of B2B buyers. Since the B2B customer journey is much longer than a B2C buying decision, it’s important to keep in front of customers and engage them at every step of their research and comparison.
- Consider personalized landing pages: Another great way to personalize your marketing campaigns is to include a personalized landing page. Creating a personalized experience for your customers on your website helps keep you in mind as a real contender for their business. Your commitment to understanding their needs and provide a solution can help engage your customers in a more meaningful way. What does this look like? Some companies choose to have the name of their target account on the landing page, which tends to work better as a reengagement strategy with customers who have an existing relationship. Others create landing pages that feature specific materials that the targeted business will find valuable, including certain whitepapers or reports.
- Try high-value direct mail: Direct mail isn’t pursued as a marketing strategy with as much frequency as it used to be, but it can still be an effective tool for reaching stakeholders in B2B environments. Using a high-end mailer can get the attention of business decision-makers, particularly on the executive or leadership teams. Some businesses have gone as far as to use boxes that include exclusion B2B products and feature a video that plays upon opening, explaining anything from the history of the company to the breadth of their solutions and why the receiver should get in touch for more information. A highly personalized message with a high design value can greatly increase impact and effectiveness.
Finding the most effective account-based marketing strategy will depend on your business goals; it will also likely involve a good amount of trial and error. Using some of these proven tactics can help you overcome your B2B marketing challenges.