Account based marketing has been getting popularly accepted in recent times. It has been experiencing a resurgence among bloggers, vendors, and market research organizations. Hence, we are going to elaborate all the basic tactics and information that you need to know about account-based marketing and how to operate a successful ABM strategy to boost brand awareness.
Account-based marketing (ABM) is a tactical approach to business marketing based on a set of target accounts.
Account Based Marketing Insights
Have you ever wondered: “why isn’t ABM waiting working?” Well, it is our delight to tell you how to engage ABM to work effectively to your advantage.
The momentum behind ABM had a rosy outlook when SiriusDecisions first released its yearly report about ABM (account-based marketing) in the year 2015. As at the publication of that first study, it was reported that 91% of B2B marketing giants said that ABM was a crucial process in their business practices. Tell years after, in 2017, the statistics had a 2% addition when SiriusDecisions published its third yearly report.
Thus, it is indubitable that ABM stimulates marketers to think beyond the limits by putting more focus on how they can create effective brand awareness through targeted contents to the right target audience.
However, the only hiccup is that majority of marketers lack the readiness to grab the opportunity that ABM offers. This is because ABM is more than a tactic or campaign method.
It is a deliberate, detailed strategy in which individuals, resources such as data, technology, and tactical plans, have to employed. In order to operate an effective ABM strategy that is supported by people, data and technology, use these key steps below:
1. Make sure you get your data governance right
Typically, shortage of data is not an issue for most marketers. However, what use is an archive of customer data is the data is incomplete or inaccurate. For a true and effective ABM, data plays a very vital role, and top marketing organizations understand this. In order to maximize the opportunities in ABM, it is important to get the support you need in order to get clean, complete and relevant data.
2. Emphasis and preference should be placed on first-party data, while supporting it with third-party data also
Do not underestimate the powerful relevance of data that you have gathered by yourself on your accounts. It gives you a better platform to evaluate how your targeted accounts have interested with your brand. However, it is not a sin to partner with a reliable expert(s) who can assist you in augmenting your data and improving it to make better sense. As a matter of fact, Forester Consulting, in a study, reported that 65% of B2B organizations seek the help of third-party partners to assist them in augmenting the value of their data and analytics.
3. Do not be shallow with your data
It is pertinent to dive deep with your data. Generally, not all ABM data is created with equality. Thus, to operate the best account-based marketing strategy, you need to dig deep as much as you can. First, accumulate sufficient information about your target accounts, so as to adequately select those organizations. Then, understand the contents that captivates your target accounts, and then make a proper evaluation of the time, process and individual involved in the decision-making process.
( Also Read: Account Based Marketing Guide for Dummies )
Account based marketing tactics to implement today
According to studies, the inability to implement useful tactics to derive the proper data to carry out ABM programs, as well as the inability to make an appropriate balance between sales and marketing resources, has led to the failure of many ABM strategies today. However, these issues are very much fixable, as we have provided you with a compilation of 40 best account-based marketing tactics for marketers.
- Content ABM Tactics
1) Know who your target audience are.
2) Know the kind of content that your target audience wants
3) Let your designed content be greatly useful to your target audience
4) Draft a marketing tactics that works for you
5) Make sure your sales enablement contents are customized
6) Tag your target audience within your web content
7) Design your offers to bring about a personal interaction with your potential customers
- Social ABM Tactics
8) Click on specific accounts on social platforms
9) Compile a list of top target companies on twitter
10) Get to understand what captivates your potential customers by employing social intelligence.
11) Design customized ads
12) Make use of audio content strategy
- Paid Media ABM Tactics
13) Engage target personal audiences on Facebook
14) Employ AdWords customer match
15) Optimize twitter custom audiences
16) Target audiences on LinkedIn account
17) Make account-based retargeting
18) Test run ABM ad mediums
- Direct Marketing ABM Tactics
19) By engaging direct marketing, you get to boost your brand awareness directly to the right audience
20) Examine your direct mails with experts
21) Give out customized souvenirs
22) Send the most appropriate messaging contents to every ABM that is contact based.
- Email ABM Tactics
23) Design quality customized email patterns
24) Make deliberate evaluation of data and statistics
25) Design customized email strategies
26) Create and send quality emails to your ABM contacts
27) Explore the opportunities in the connections of workers who aren’t in sales every time.
( Also Read: Account Based Marketing vs Account Based Selling )
- Live Events ABM Tactics
28) Begin the process on time. Do not hesitate or postpone unnecessarily.
29) Define conspicuous conditions for targeted accounts
30) Establish certain areas of convergence for each account
31) Organize local programmes for local prospects
32) It is important for you to establish a good bonding prior to the day of the programme
33) Create a customized content for each account contact
34) Distribute customized email invite messages to each 9f the accounts
35) Organize strategic display ad campaigns
36) Send out post-programme surveys.
37) It is important to also schedule a routine follow up service
- Webinars ABM Tactics
38) Stimulate active participation, and not just leads
39) Don’t be tempted to start big. Your ABM efforts are humble beginnings
40) Put your concentration on a high-value offer
The plain truth is that ABM will never be as straight forward as it may appear. However, it would definitely be worth the effort directed towards executing an effective ABM strategy.
Now that we have shown you the best account-based marketing tactics and customer marketing strategies, it is only necessary that you engage and optimize these 40 ABM tactics in order to become a relevant, productive and successful marketer. The time is now to take the right step.