ABOUT AVG TECHNOLOGIES:
AVG Technologies is committed to keeping devices, data, businesses, and people safe and secure online. As a pioneer in security, AVG offers solutions for protection, performance, and privacy for millions of businesses and consumers around the world. AVG was purchased by Avast in 2016 and offers a wide range of solutions across desktop and mobile devices and on popular platforms such as Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac.
According to a press release distributed at the time of the acquisition, Vince Steckler, chief executive officer, said, “The combined company now has over 400 million users, more than 40% of the world’s consumer PCs outside of China and the largest consumer security installed base in the world. If they were a country, we would have the 3rd largest population in the world. The US is now our number one market with 58 million users. We truly have global reach and are proud to be the most popular choice for security in the world.”
Last month, Avast announced an exclusive partnership with Synnex, the global leader in digital security products for both consumers and businesses. Synnex will be releasing the entire AVG security software portfolio to his partners in New Zealand and Australia. These partners can now extend their own service offerings to include antivirus protection solutions and managed workplace by AVG.
AVG TECHNOLOGIES FAST FACTS:
- Created: 1988
- Headquarters: Prague
- Industry: Online Security and Protection Solutions
- Company Size: 1000-5000+ employees
- Revenue: $428+ million
- Stock Symbol: NYSE: AVG
- Nice to Know: Has received over 100 awards.
AVG TECHNOLOGIES VIPS:
- CEO: Gary Kovacs
- CFO: Jeff Ross
- VP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: David Haadsma
LEARN MORE ABOUT AVG TECHNOLOGIES:
AVG TECHNOLOGIES MEDIA:
Learn more about AVG Technologies.
AVG TECHNOLOGIES IN THE NEWS:
- Synnex and Avast announce an exclusive internet security solutions partnership in Australia and New Zealand
- Avast Signs Three-Year Deal with KYOCERA Document Solutions Canada to Secure Network-Connected Endpoints Throughout Canada
- AVG Business by Avast announces Northamber as new UK distribution partner