Digital marketing has become the way that most businesses primarily engage with their customers. As technology continues to grow and change, the software that supports digital marketing endeavors. How do you know what technology is the right fit for your business? Content marketing tools and content marketing technology can enable your business to up your marketing game and help drive your marketing initiatives. Here’s what to know about content technology and how to choose the best content marketing tools for your business.
What can content marketing technology do for you and your business?
Content marketing, as defined by Copyblogger, is “Content marketing uses blogs, podcasts, video, and social media sites as a vehicle.” A vehicle, specifically, to share important educational resources with customers, clients, and potential audiences. This has become important – some marketing experts say the most important – aspect of modern marketing and the most significant way to create a meaningful connection with customers.
The role of content marketing technology can help support multiple points in your marketing campaigns and your overall business.
1. Asset distribution
Content marketing management tools allow you to use automation for content distribution to help get your message in front of a wider audience. Distribution of your content is a crucial part of the content marketing process and can only be handled effectively and efficiently it’s helped along by technology, as the process of manual distribution wouldn’t have the same impact and would certainly occupy more time by staff.
The right content marketing techniques will help you accurately measure your content’s performance and enable you to enhance and optimize content. Additionally, it can help to identify content needs and gaps so you can create additional content – or revise existing content – to help increase relevance, grow engagement, and reach a wider audience.
3. Content creation
Certain content marketing tools give businesses a better ability to research what type of content will perform well with their audience or industry members. It can also help businesses curate content to work on their social platforms and offer additional resources to customers.
How to choose the right content marketing tools
The best content marketing tools for your marketing efforts will depend on your business and your marketing goals. Here’s what to keep in mind when looking for the right content marketing solution.
- Do you have existing content? It only makes sense for some businesses to invest in marketing technology software when they have standing content to work with.
- Do you want your content to reach a larger audience? Likely yes, so are you are looking for a more efficient way to distribute it?
- Do you need help better understanding and identifying your target audience? Many marketing technology platforms help give you the tools that help grow this particular insight, as well as guide them on their buyer’s journey.
- Do you need a way to enhance content through design and visual elements? Many small businesses will look for a marketing technology that helps them create visually engaging content without needing to bring on a designer or additional staff.
(Also Read: Benefits of Content Marketing and Its Challenges)
The best content technology to consider
Here are some top content marketing platforms and what they can offer your business.
- Buzzsumo: Many content publishers of all sizes use this tool to help them manage and distribute content, as well as gain a better understanding of what pieces of content and topics are trending from all over the internet.
- SocialAnimal: Social Animal is a tool that helps businesses find influencers who can help expand the reach of content pieces, as well as help to analyze the performance of content for both your business and competitors.
- CoSchedule: CoSchedule is a great tool for helping digital marketers organize their marketing campaigns and assets. It gives you tools for organizing social media and content, as well as create editorial calendars that help guide content production and distribution.
- Scripted: This is a tool that connects businesses with capable writers who can help you create the content your business needs, including newsletters, white papers, social posts, blogs and more.
Content marketing tools will help to increase the ability of your content to reach your target audience – and even identify your target audience if need be. Using the right technology can help you derive more ROI from your marketing efforts and ultimately help drive your business and your revenue.