Businesses are continuously evolving. With the advent of the internet and digital technology, one of the significant changes implemented in this industry is streaming video’s use. The era of low-quality streaming videos has gone. With high-quality audio and video, webinars have become a leading standard for online business events. These can help to spread your message for your product.
- Even though webinars were being used widely in the tech field but now every niche is using the power of this medium.
- With webinars, training and learning retention have also been significantly improved, as per trainers using this medium. Training has also ranked as top usage of webinars with a 46% rate.
- Marketers have also stated that webinars have boosted their marketing performance significantly.
- The concept of a webinar has also improved audience engagement.
Overall, it has also reduced business costs required to arrange a meeting. Let’s get to know about webinars and some of the challenges webinar creators and producers could face in 2021 and how to prepare to handle these challenges well.
What is Webinar?
A webinar is basically an online seminar, which comes up with necessary seminar elements including presenter, audience, host, and presentation. The major difference is that these are held online. Webinars usually offer live interaction between audience and presenter and can help the organizers to spread their message anywhere all around the world.
( Also Read: What is a Webinar & How Does it Work? )
Here are some of the webinar challenges along with pro tips to make your webinar a success.
Promoting on the right channels
The success of a webinar usually comes down to the success of your marketing and promotional efforts. Therefore, finding the right mix of promotional channels is one of the biggest webinar challenges. However, the most common webinar promotional channels as per businesses are email, co-marketing, and personal and employee networks.
- However, the most effective ones include Facebook, Twitter, and search marketing.
- Emails perhaps are known to be the best webinar promotional channel that makes 75% of overall registrations. So must consider these.
- Also, take advantage of your employee’s and partner’s social networks to broaden their reach.
- Blogs and websites by survey respondents are effective as well.
Use all of these free channels to improve promotional campaigns.
Promoting at the right time
The second important webinar challenge is finding the right time to promote your webinars. Maximize your promotional schedule with the rules below:
- Begin promotion of your webinar at least 4 weeks before it is going to happen to have a steady flow of registrations.
- According to com webinar stats, approximately 24% of registrations happen on Tuesdays. So never miss the opportunity to promote your webinars on Tuesdays.
- Registrations increase between 8 to 10 am, so send invites earlier.
- Boost your promotional activities one week prior to webinars, because 69% of registrations occur then.
Working through technical issues
Technical issues are another one of the most important webinar challenges to consider here. Even though webinar organizers usually know how to overcome technical issues and work with webinar controls effectively.
Interacting with panelists and navigating through control panels are two common tech issues people find during a webinar. You can overcome these webinar challenges easily by planning ahead. A day before your webinar, make sure to make entire panelists and organizers log in the webinar and test all of its features ranging from a soundcheck to launching polls and more.
Engaging your audience
Once you have done all the work, now it is time to grab the attention of potential attendees. Give them some educational and compelling content and the key to a successful webinar is to talk with them.
Utilize tools such as surveys, polls, Q&A, and more to increase their interest. Also, pay attention to your visuals as well, because these can make a huge impact to connect with the audience more easily and effectively.
To overcome the challenge of capturing more registrations needs a captivating registrations’ landing page. Here are some tips to make the most out of your registrations landing page with ease:
- Keep it short by adding essential fields only.
- Include a video on the page to increase registrations by as much as 80%.
- List elements they can expect from your webinar.
- Use language that can motivate your audience to register now.
- Don’t forget to include business contact details to increase credibility.
Choosing a winning title
Picking an attention-grabbing webinar title is also one of the most important webinar challenges. Having a winning title can even add up more to your promotional campaigns. Make sure to choose words like a how-to guide, 101, classes, workshops, training, latest or new, trends, to grab the attention of your potential attendees more effectively.
To measure your webinar’s success, you need to plan stages earlier. Choose your key performance indicators such as a number of registrations, engagement rate, attendance rate, the total number of qualified leads, generating revenue and more, to measure your webinar’s return on investment in a more effective way.
Considering all these key performance indicators will certainly help you to understand how successful your webinar was and any changes you should make going forward.
Driving greater value
You can drive great value by generating leads with it continues even after your live webinar as well. Do you want to know how? Well, one of the most effective ways to generate leads continuously is to repurpose your webinar. Some of the best ways to repurpose your webinars can be:
- Don’t forget to record your live webinar. Because you can offer its on-demand version with ease after the webinar.
- For greater reach and engagement, host it on a third-party platform.
- Make sure to create various blog posts from the content you shared in the webinar.
- Turn webinar content into Slideshare.
- Add stats, quotes, and other important takeaways into your social posts.
- Turn webinar content into an e-book or make informational videos.
So, these are some of the most important, yet common webinar challenges to overcome in 2021. In the beginning, these might look overwhelming, but over time it becomes easier to deal with these webinar challenges. Just keep in mind these tips to make the most out of every webinar you produce this year in the best possible way.