Content marketing comes in many forms, including blogs, videos, podcasts, infographics, images, and whitepapers to name a few. Motional graphics have grown popular as an important piece of content marketing plans. Called by some marketers “the video answer to the infographic”, motion graphics are animations or movement added to graphic design. They can be short additions to an existing message or full-length videos that tell an entire story.
How to use motion graphics in your content marketing. Can motion graphics improve your content marketing strategy?
Here’s why they have the potential to be an important part of your content marketing strategy.
1. The growth of video
Video has essentially overtaken written copy as the content of choice for most consumers. There are several reasons for this. The first is that video can make the uninteresting more engaging. Reading is the same for almost every medium no matter what the topic is, but the experience of watching a video is dynamic and different every time. It’s also very efficient from a time perspective, which is particularly important to the busy, driven workforce of today. You can condense a lot of information into a video – instead of a 50-page manual, you can create a 3-minute video to explain a process or product. This saves you and your customers time. A passive experience like video requires less effort from your already busy customers. Many people refer to watch than reading and offering content in this format is an important part of your content marketing. Finally, the growth of video can also be attributed to the fact that it’s more consumable on mobile than reading articles has been; since many consumers now spend more time mobile devices like tablets and phones than they do on desktops and laptops, it makes sense for
Motion graphic can offer the same visual interest as traditional video without the expense of a video shoot. Even simple, low-budget video shoots can require a lot of expensive equipment that businesses must rent or buy and motion graphics can be more easily designed, often just by one person with programs that teams with creative graphic designers already have. This means you can get a bigger return on investment – more conversions for less money.
3. Many Uses
Video can be used for almost any purpose, including:
- Traditional ads, like online commercials
- Promotional videos, like interviews, testimonials, product reviews, or other content that publicizes your brand
- Videos that explain or introduce a concept, like product assembly videos, walk-throughs, tutorials, or even training videos developed for employees
- Social videos are some of the most shared content on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Sales collateral, like a company history video, brand or space tour video, or product promotional video can all be developed by marketing teams for salespeople to use with clients and potential customers
- Data visualizations are similar to explainer videos in that they can help to more easily illustrate content that’s data-dense or even a little abstract
A good content marketing strategy includes a mix of different types of content to engage with all your market segments. The importance or motion graphics in content marketing hinges on its ability to create interesting, dynamic messages in a short amount of time and for less money than traditional video. This can help you grow your brand by appealing to more members of your audience, as well as help to save your company marketing dollars over some other forms of content marketing.
Motion graphics create a great balance between static content and expensive, over-produced content and can be both educational and entertaining. It’s a very effective medium for capturing customer attention and interest and also providing value in their customer journey.