App Annie is the leading global provider for mobile data and analytics. The company released its annual ‘The State of Mobile in 2019 report’, which is the most comprehensive guide for businesses looking to capitalize on mobile transformation.
Per the data released by App Annie in the report, consumer spend in app stores is expected to surpass more than $120 Billion in 2019. This makes mobile phones more vital to businesses now than have ever been.
Other findings from the report are:
- The report stated that consumers downloaded 194 billion apps in 2018, spent $101 Billion in app stores and averaged three hours per day on their mobile device. Time spent in-app grew 50% from 2016 to 2018; downloads are up 35% over the same period.
- According to App Annie, Mobile channels consumed 62% of global digital ad spend in 2018, which stood at 50% in 2017. 60% more apps will be making use of in-app advertising in 2019 as a monetization method.
- Members of Generation Z (aged 16 to 24 years) spend 20% more time in apps than the rest of the population, according to the report.
- Mobile games grew faster than console, PC and online and handheld games in 2018 and App Annie expects this to reach 60% market share in-game spend across all platforms in 2019.
- App Annie predicted that in 2019, 10 minutes of every hour spent consuming media will be streaming video on mobile.
“Mobile is no longer an add-on channel—it is the engine fueling digital transformation,” said Theodore Krantz, CEO, App Annie. “The State of Mobile 2019 report unlocks the potential of mobile for businesses in all stages of mobile transformation. The insights delivered in this report are unparalleled and inform the strategy every company needs to deliver winning consumer experiences.”
“Consumers spent $101 billion on apps globally in 2018. This is larger than the global live and recorded music industry, double the size of the global sneaker market, and nearly three times the size of the oral care industry,” said Danielle Levitas, EVP, Global Marketing & Insights, App Annie. “Mobile experiences are so central to how we live, work and play and with consumers spending 3 hours a day on mobile, it’s clear how vital this platform is for all businesses in 2019 and beyond.”
You can download the entire report here.