Technology may be just a tool, but it’s a powerful one. It can give you the ability to do things more efficiently and gives businesses a better date to make more educated, intelligent decisions. Technology in marketing can be an important part of your business strategy. Online content marketing can be significantly enhanced by the right tech tools.
Here are some ways that technology can make a smarter, more effective content marketer.
- Keyword research tools: Content marketing is a two-fold endeavor. The first is creating content that can be directly distributed to potential clients or customers in email or published to social media. On that track, the content can be custom created for a particular audience – welcome emails to new customers, for instance. The other part is creating content that people can find through search, to position you as a resource for their particular needs. This is better accomplished through SEO and keyword rich content. Technology like keyword research tools, such as KWFinder can help you find the keywords that will perform best in your content.
- Visual design tools: Content marketing includes – and often even performs better – visuals. Infographics, videos, and photography are all part of a solid content marketing strategy. But for smaller businesses, startups, or freelances, creating these effective visual pieces can be more difficult. Web tools likely help you create infographics and Pixlr can help content marketers edit images for use anywhere.
- Distribution tools: Technology has helped marketing most in the area of how content can be distributed. From social media platforms like Twitter that function as a way to point people to content to MailChimp, a way to automate email campaigns and other marketing effort, distribution tools are a huge part of how technology creates smarter, more effective marketing campaigns.
- Paid promotion partners: Sometimes publishing content on your blog or using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share content isn’t quite enough. Content promotion technology allows businesses to place their content in front of more people using paid distribution partners. Taboola is a useful tool that can help businesses get your content on websites like MSN, AOL, NBC, Business Insider, or wherever your target market spends time on the internet. This kind of technology has helped businesses gain more recognition and greater content engagement.
- Automation: Automation technology has helped marketers better target their content to the most relevant market segments, as well as created a way for businesses consistently and relevantly engage with their audiences. Automation means that customers will regularly receive content that points them back to your business without you having to recreate content and campaigns over and over or manually target customers and send emails.
- Analytics: Analytics has helped change the marketing game. Data on the effectiveness of marketing and advertising efforts have always existed, but recent technology has created a more effective, more accurate analysis of this data. Analytics tools are usually built into most automation programs and can be added on to almost any campaign to give businesses an understanding of how their campaigns are translating to sales or brand awareness. Analytics technology helps marketers adjust their strategy and identify previously unknown opportunities for customer engagement – with a better understanding of customer behavior, marketers can create more intelligent overall campaigns and specific content deliverables. Analytics data gives better clarity on what is effective and engaging and allows businesses to create consistently positive results.
The internet saturated in content and elevating yours to rise about the noise and be an effective tool can be difficult but the right technology can help you get better results. When it comes to technology, marketers have a lot of tools to choose from to help them enhance their content marketing distribution and create better online content marketing campaigns.