Marketing technology requires an arsenal of digital skills
Digital skills are necessary for marketing managers to have and businesses should employ someone with an excellent digital marketing and social media marketing resume. It is also beneficial to know the list of digital skills to ensure the company is mastering the skills in marketing technology.
With more and more brands investing in the digital realm, mastering marketing technology is a must-have skill. Without the must-have skills of a technical marketing approach, businesses could miss out on advantages from digitally marketing to potential customers. As the role of digital marketing becomes greater, the must-have skills for mastering marketing technology become more important.
Essential Skills for Mastering Marketing Technology
There are about five essential top marketing skills for mastering marketing technology:
- The first of these five skills is data analysis. Without analyzing data, inaccurate campaign decisions could be made from incomplete insights. It is necessary for a brand’s reputation to maintain good relationships with their clients, and successful campaigns through data analysis are a great way to do that.
- The next essential skill for mastering marketing technology is automation. Automation platforms have marketers do their job better and reach people more effectively.
- The third essential skill is content marketing. To create good content marketing, it helps to analyze the competition and understand why they’re successful. It is also good to stay up-to-date with experts for a successful marketing strategy.
- The fourth essential skill is search engine optimization. SEO has been a necessary skill for years, and it is becoming more prevalent among marketers every day.
- The fifth essential skill is demand generation. Customers have a lifetime to choose, so it is necessary to generate demand for a brand to stay alive.
Top 10 Digital Skills
Digital marketing manager skills are necessary for brands today. There are ten top digital skills marketing managers should have in their arsenal: data analysis, email marketing, SEO, skills that pertain to technology tools and platforms, content marketing, mobile marketing, viral marketing, visual marketing, social media marketing and paid social media advertising. Social media skills are good for marketing managers to have, because of the popularity of social media platforms. Most customers and potential customers get to know a brand through social media and a brand that can offer the best experience is more likely to win over more customers. Social media marketing skills are increasing in necessity because of how huge social media platforms are and because of their excessive use by customers. These top marketing skills, once mastered, will not only increase the customer base for a brand but will also add value to marketing campaigns.
Digital Marketing Manager Skills
Digital skills are necessary for marketing managers to help grow a brand. Along with the skills listed above, there are other skills marketing managers must have to be successful. Some of these skills include: paid social media advertising expertise, sales skills, specific marketing channel expertise, the ability to think objectively, the ability execute and analyze drip marketing campaigns, a good mix of creativity with analytical abilities, and good copy and visual storytelling abilities.
There are many other skills marketing managers should have, such as an understanding of WordPress, a likable personality, being savvy in self-promotion, ability to analyze quantifiable metrics, listening skills, agility and basic design skills. These lists of digital skills can help a brand stand out and reach customers with greater efficiency.