Get the most out of your hybrid cloud solution with the right management tools.
The hybrid cloud is a combination on premise storage and off-site storage. This allows businesses to enjoy the flexibility of private cloud storage without the huge price tag as well as some of the permanence and accessibility of local storage. Other hybrid specific benefits include:
What are the benefits of a hybrid cloud system?
Continuous access and service: Hybrid cloud storage offers the ability for businesses to have simultaneously backed up information (copies saved) as well as processing power to run business applications, allowing for a continuity of business.
Innovation and speed: Companies that have the flexibility of cloud capabilities can innovate easier and faster – their hybrid cloud solutions often offer them additional resources in computing speed, power, or storage capabilities. This allows businesses to collaborate better across departments or locations or faster delivery of products and services.
Security: The hybrid cloud model offers increased safety features over public cloud storage. Having the option of private server access hosted on site as opposed to an entirely off-site cloud provider means businesses can have various levels of access and security for their data. Hybrid cloud data management is a good solution for businesses with a lot of compliance issues to pay attention to or one that primarily handles data of a sensitive nature.
Affordability: In addition to more flexibility than traditional severs hybrid cloud providers often offer a pay-as-you-go model that allows for users to only pay for the cloud storage and hosting that they need, which can save their business money in the long run.
What are the best hybrid cloud management tools?
Finding the right hybrid cloud management platform that fits your business depends on a few things:
- Budget: Different programs vary in cost. Having a budget in mind will make sure that you can get the most for your money and ensure you don’t end up paying for more than you need.
- Technical team ability: Is your IT team a well-trained group of people who pride themselves on their mastery of the latest tech advances? Or is your business a start up with a computer science intern at the helm? Knowing how much prowess and savvy your team has is helpful in finding the right hybrid cloud management partner – one that will provide a lot of hands on guidance or one that’s just going to provide the processing power.
Here are some popular hybrid cloud management solutions and some of their features.
- Spinbackup: This hybrid cloud solutions focuses on businesses that want to use hybrid cloud solutions to protect and back up their data.
- ParkMyCloud: This platform is a way that many hybrid cloud software users have saved money on their cloud usage. It helps businesses identify areas of waste and places that they are paying for more public cloud access than they need.
- Jira: This platform is a great resource for businesses looking to capitalize on the benefit of collaboration and communication from cloud solutions.
- Dell Cloud Manager: Dell has been in the tech industry for a long time, and their cloud management solution helps users get organized and better manage their cloud data.
Has your business used any hybrid cloud solutions?