According to a report published by MarketsandMarkets, the global managed services market is expected to grow by $180.5 billion in 2018 to over $282 billion by 2023. Some of the reasons for this growth is because organizations will continue to become more dependent on IT to boost the levels of productivity while managing cost and monitoring resources.
Why is a managed IT service so attractive to businesses of all sizes? Part of the answer to this question lies in the fact that businesses are looking for a single solution that can:
- Enhance security features and ensure compliance
- Free up the technology team to work on more strategic and growth-focused projects
- Improve the efficiency of IT operations
- Make up for a lack of in-house team members or IT capabilities in specific functions
- Move capital expenses to operating expenses
- Ensure costs are manageable and monthly or annual pricing is predictable
- Create a system centralization segment that allows for constant visibility
- Offer high level support and up to date technology
- Minimize downtime and offer business owners peace of mind
To gain any of these benefits of managed IT services, businesses must diligently look for a managed IT service provider who will give attention to the details you desire and offer reliable and effective service to accomplish your goals. Finding a good MSP is no easy task, but once you find one that you can trust, it will likely be one of the best business decisions you have ever made.
Before joining an MSP, take some time to get to know the company and find out whether they align with your organization’s goals and priorities. Getting to that place of trust may take a few phone calls and working sessions but knowing a few key attributes can help you determine whether one MSP is a good fit over another.
Here are some tips to consider when conducting your search:
- Does the MSP have experience working in your field or industry?
- How does the MSP handle a challenge with technology?
- Can you expect available service all the time as well as remote monitoring?
- Can the MSP scale with you and your company?
- Does the MSP have the qualifications, pricing model, service structure, and contract terms you desire?
A managed IT service provider that is both reliable and scalable can help to deliver a modern network for your organization. With remote working environments and BYOD (bring your own device) procedures increasingly in play, having an MSP will help to coordinate all sources of productivity.