All about cyber security and the kind of insights that top cyber security experts share with their followers.
A look at some of the top cybersecurity experts who share their valuable insights with their followers across various platforms.
Having the right thought leader can really influence people in today’s world. Thought leaders passionately share their knowledge and expertise, and consequently, may have a huge fan following. Whether it is a simple function like marketing or a challenging topic like cyber-security, thought leaders and experts in these fields are extremely helpful in breaking down complex information and getting you further down the road to your business goals.
What exactly is cyber-security?
In laymen terms, cyber-security is all about protecting your computer and computer-based equipment from any breach or unauthorized access. In the absence of a cyber-security measure, your data and related information, IT systems and IT enabled services are all under attack, and the potential exists for a huge amount of financial loss.
To ensure that you have the right cyber-security measures put in place, you may want to look up and read information from several cyber security influencers. These are some of the top cyber-security experts who usually share their expert knowledge across social media, in blog posts, or even in lectures.
Here are some of the top cyber security experts you need to know:
- Bill Brenner – Bill works with PKWARE as a senior content strategist. He is responsible for leading the thought process on enterprise and government encryption issues. He is constantly sharing insights on world news and implications for IT security.
- Dave Shackleford is the founder of Voodoo; a security firm that takes extremely analytical approach on security projects. On Twitter he does interact with industry peers and also engages in funny conversations with them over security tech articles and case studies.
- Eugene Kaspersky, Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab is galloping ahead on twitter race. He started as a person selling antivirus solutions to very selective buyers and today he is heading one of the biggest security companies in the world. He is constantly on twitter sharing educational tweets in the form of links from Kaspersky blog and other sources of Information Security.
- Founder and CEO of Cymmetria, Gadi Evron, shares everything, right from what he thinks about Donald Trump to latest gadgets and industry news with the community on Facebook and Twitter.
- David Ulevitch, found and CEO of OpenDNS, shares latest cyber security news on Twitter. He also interacts with other information security professionals and occasional adds those funny quotes.
- Bruce Schneier is the Chief Technology Officer at IBM’s Resilient and is the person whom everyone in IT security or cyber security should listen to. He is the author of many textbooks on cryptography and is among the top cyber security speakers talking on big-picture security policy, on his IT security b log
The best way individuals and enterprises can enhance their brand positioning is by leveraging the content that these experts share. However, one thing that needs to be taken care of is to ensure that the relationship that is developed is of mutual benefit and there is no one sided motto. Most of these thought leaders can be your brand ambassadors.
But what you need to do is not to rely on everyone to be your brand ambassador. Study these leaders and check their expertise, particularly in a very sensitive subject like cyber security, where language of experts can be easily differentiated from the pretenders.