Recruitment is what drives the hiring of talented people to grow a workforce that can support the work of a business and drive revenue or increase awareness. In certain industries especially, recruitment can be challenging, but the right software makes it much easier.
Recruiting software has an important place in the hiring process. Why recruitment software should be part of your hiring process.
What is recruiting software?
Recruitment software was designed to help with many parts of the hiring process. Some software will manage recruitment all the way from posting through onboarding, while others will specialize in one area or another but many programs will have some or all of the following capabilities.
- Position promotion: Once you write a job posting, recruitment software can help you promote it on popular career websites, forums, talent communities, and on social media channels.
- Applicant tracking: This kind of recruitment solution helps you track applicant progress through the process. It includes resume screening and assessment, as well as interview scheduling, feedback, and background checks.
- Analytics: Recruitment software delivers data, including information on time to fill rates, the source of hire, and the applicant to interview ratio. All of this information can be analyzed to help you better the HR process in the future.
- Assessment and background checks: Recruitment software can help you process personality assessments, skills testing, and conduct reference and background checks before offering employment to a candidate.
- Onboarding: HR software can assist you with onboarding new employees, including the new hire paperwork and initial training.
What are the benefits of recruitment software?
Recruitment is a long process and can recruitment software can make it faster and easier. Here’s how.
Reduced time to hire
Recruitment software saves you time without sacrificing quality in your search for the right people. Through streamlining the entire process in the form of automatically screening resumes and using the system to search for the best matches, you can find qualified candidates faster and move them through the process sooner, with the goal of having someone making a contribution in a position in less time.
Reduced recruitment costs
One of the best benefits of recruitment software is the way that it stores candidate information to create a future talent pool. When you know you have a job posting opening up, you can first search the database of existing, potentially still interested candidates and see if any of their resumes or applications would make them a fit for the position. If you can find candidates this way, you can save your company the cost of posting the opening somewhere.
Reduced administrative work
Certain recruitment software can automate resume screening and even filter and rank candidates. It helps you internally track candidate progress, as well as ensures that you keep up consistent communication with candidates automatically. It can also help schedule interviews and serve as a centralized location for all candidate information.
Increased candidate quality
With reduced admin tasks, you can focus less on screening resumes and scheduling interviews and more on understanding what makes a good employee at your company, as well as what candidates have to offer that makes them a good potential match. This gives you better and faster insight into how to hire the right people.
Better company collaboration
Recruitment software makes it easier for all stakeholders to get on the same page about a candidate. Some businesses can get by with spreadsheets saved on a server and emails back and forth, but having one program where all communications are kept, including candidate notes, scheduling, and more, allows for faster action and insight, as well as improved communication.
Recruitment software is a wise investment for many businesses and can not only help to save you time and money but also help you find the best possible talent for your organization.