Andrew Scivally is the CEO and co-founder of eLearning Brothers. He has 20 years of experience in the learning technology space, including all aspects of course design and development, as well as leading Learning and Development teams for financial institutions such as JPMorgan Chase and Zions Bank. He holds a master’s degree in computer education and cognitive systems. Led by Andrew, eLearning Brothers has established an industry-leading brand and has been featured in the Inc. 5000 for six consecutive years. Learn more about eLearning Brothers. Connect with Andrew here.
In this conversation, Andrew Scivally shares insights on diversity and inclusion in the global workforce and how to implement DEI training with your team members.
1. TechFunnel: Why has diversity and inclusion become such hot-button topics over the past few years?
Andrew Scivally: The covid-19 pandemic certainly brought a lot of work and social justice-related issues to light over the past couple of years, but even before that, we noticed that our clients were asking for more resources around diversity and inclusion, as well as unconscious bias training. There’s a growing body of research around diverse workforces and the benefits of that, and organizations are taking notice.
2. TechFunnel: As a leader in corporate learning, can you share some of the ways your clients have requested more diverse and inclusive training materials and what that means for the future of the global workforce?
Andrew Scivally: Our clients are asking for more resources around diversity and inclusion, both in terms of ready-made, off-the-shelf DEI training, as well as assets like diverse cutout character images they can use to build training modules that accurately reflect their company demographics. We recently added 5 new diverse models to our library in response to customer feedback. Our custom eLearning development team is also working on more projects covering diversity and inclusion for clients.
Remote work isn’t going away, and more and more organizations are open to hiring employees across the globe. They want their training materials to reflect everyone in the organization. I think we will see this focus on diversity and inclusion grow even more in the next few years.
3. TechFunnel: How have you seen diversity correlate to other factors in business such as financial performance and team productivity?
Andrew Scivally: Research from GreatPlacetoWork.com has shown these benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace:
- Higher revenue growth
- Greater readiness to innovate
- Increased ability to recruit a diverse talent pool
- 5.4 times higher employee retention
Inclusion in the workplace is one of the most important keys to retention. As a business owner, I myself have seen that when you respect the unique needs, perspectives, and potential of all your team members, they will respond with deeper trust and more commitment to your organization.
4. TechFunnel: Tell us more about eLearning Brothers and your partnership with Traliant.
Andrew Scivally: eLearning Brothers is a leader in learning technology solutions that enable organizations to conquer performance and development challenges. We’re a one-stop shop for everything you need to rock your training goals. The partnership with Traliant expands our course offerings and enables us to offer organizations even more resources in their efforts to foster more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces. Because the Traliant training courses are integrated into our Rockstar Learning Platform (LMS), our customers can deliver quality diversity training to their workers in just a few clicks.
5. TechFunnel: By expanding your design library and courses, what are some of your expectations for organizational diversity at all levels within organizations?
Andrew Scivally: We hope to enable organizations to create more positive work environments at all levels and provide all the resources an organization needs to meet its diversity and inclusion goals.
6. TechFunnel: Any final thoughts for company leaders to consider when it comes to diversity and inclusion training?
Andrew Scivally: If you’re not providing diversity and inclusion training, now is the time to start and eLearning Brothers can help you with that. The work world is rapidly changing and no one knows what’s around the corner, but having a diverse workforce and a strong work culture can help you adapt and be more resilient when crises like the pandemic occur.