HR is an integral part of any organization. Their guidance helps shape company culture, bring in qualified talent to support the work of the business, and keep the company compliant with all labor and employment laws. The stakes in business continue to rise, and therefore the pressure on HR continues to grow. Increasingly competitive global landscapes mean that HR has to diligently perform in the areas of employee recruitment, engagement, retention, and performance. There is, however, the technology that can make parts of the process easier.
How the top applicant tracking systems can help solve business problems
Applicant tracking systems are part of HR automation programs that help businesses simplify their candidate search and find better matches in the process. According to one HR firm, ATS is “an automated n automated solution that helps to manage the entire recruiting process from receiving applications and cover letters to hiring the best candidate. The data centralized within an ATS is used to screen candidates, schedule tests and interviews, check references, send new-hire paperwork and more.”
So how specifically can applicant tracking systems help your business?
- Easier to find the right candidates: Many businesses tell candidates who didn’t make it through the application process that they’ll keep their information on file for future consideration, but what does that really mean? With application tracking systems, you can actually go back to consider talented candidates for future openings. ATS allows you to keep a searchable database of past candidates. You can easily navigate through job titles, keywords, and locations to help proactively find the right fit to fill the position.
- More easily communicate and process applicants: The recruitment part of the hiring process is only the first step. After finding the right candidates, you need to involve other members of the company to interview and screen candidates, and ATS helps support this by setting up workflows in the system that create a to-do list of automatic progress stages and facilitates communication about candidates, all in one place.
- Better keep track of candidates: ATS makes it much simpler to have a birds-eye view of your hiring progress for each position. You can see job openings and applicant information for each, as well as evaluate job postings, see how many candidates applied, and note where each candidate is in the hiring process. This can be important data to have when shaping HR policies and hiring procedures in the future.
- Better candidate connection: Application tracking systems provide HR professionals a modern way with handling the hiring process and also helps HR pros better shape job postings to drive better results to form the beginning. You can include custom questions on online job applications that give you better insight into each candidate and keep you from investing too much time into candidates who aren’t a good fit. You can also potentially use keywords from their answers later to find applicants again later for new openings.
- Better time management: ATS means less time manually reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews so that HR staff can better devote their time to finding the best possible person for each position and working to create the best employee experience that will make new hires want to stay for a long time.
Application tracking systems can be a hugely significant part of your recruitment strategy and can help change your processes in a positive way. This tech tool helps you find better talent in less time, enabling you to focus less on administration details without sacrificing quality or accuracy. If you’re looking to improve your recruitment process, introducing an application tracking system can help you fill positions faster and save your business time and money in the process.