Learn the Do’s and Don’ts of this Winning Marketing Strategy
Marketing is evolving. Evolve with it by tapping into the power of B2B influencer marketing. With the right influencer, you will reap serious rewards.
Marketing is no longer about placing ads in a daily or weekly newspaper. It’s no longer making an appointment at the local radio station to record a 30-second radio ad. It’s not flyers being mailed out to thousands of homes. And it’s not corny commercials on TV. Why? Because these things are no longer how people get their information. Marketing today is all about how you put your brand on those little devices that seem to be glued to everyone’s hands. The best way to do that? By tapping into the power of things like B2B influencer marketing.
Influencer marketing is top notch because it can be done via social networking, blogging, vlogging, etc. Most importantly, as soon as people swipe their finger and tap that app, up comes an endorsement of your brand by their favorite celebrity. Before you feel alarmed, rest assured, you can afford this type of marketing. In fact, you may be surprised to find out that you were probably paying way more for less results via those newspaper inserts that are now lining landfills around the globe. Not only is influencer marketing relatively affordable, but it works. Of course, as is the case with any type of marketing, there are a few important do’s and don’ts to tap the power of B2B influencer marketing.
Do’s and Don’ts of B2B Influencer Marketing
- DO take the time to choose the right influencer. This person will be representing your brand. Choose wisely.
- DO take special care to choose an influencer who will use the right social network for your needs, as well as one who will have the right followers for the demographic you serve.
- DO work to create and maintain a solid working relationship with your influencer. Sure, you’re paying for a service, but it’s always worthwhile to keep the lines of communication open should you be beneficial to each other in the future.
- DON’T base your influencer decision solely on someone who has a ton of followers. Focus more on the quality of the followers as opposed to the quantity.
- DON’T expect that just because an influencer puts out a stellar post endorsing your brand you’ll receive an influx of immediate sales. They’re getting the word out there. Now people know your brand exists; that doesn’t automatically equate to sales.
- DON’T be a control freak when it comes to an influencer’s endorsement of your product or service. If you try to script them, it will come across as unnatural to those who are used to that person’s personality. Give them the freedom to add their own voice to the post.
B2B influencer marketing is about more than just traditional influencer marketing. You’ve got to be savvy about finding an influencer who’s going to effectively market your business to other businesses. This just means you’ve got to put extra effort into choosing your influencer wisely. Making a mistake when choosing an influencer can haunt you and your business for years to come. For example, you wouldn’t want someone who has publicly shamed a company you could potentially be marketing to. Not only would that company be turned off by their endorsement of you, but it could cause other companies to turn their backs on you as well.
The importance of choosing the right influencer can’t be emphasized enough, but once you have found that special someone, it won’t take you long to reap the rewards of tapping into the power of B2B influencer marketing.