A cloud-based video interviewing platform could seriously improve your hiring process.
With the major rise in digital recruitment trends, right now could be the perfect time for you to consider using a cloud-based video interviewing platform.
Thanks to the digital transformation all companies are going through right now, even recruitment processes are changing. Before the Cloud has widely used, companies would have to ship webcams to applicants, which was a costly endeavor. With the Cloud, though, now companies can interview for all sorts of positions, not just high-level ones. With the implementation of a cloud-based video interview platform, candidates can now easily apply and interview for distant jobs with ease.
Best Cloud-Based Video Interviewing Platforms
Live video interviewing is a key HR capability for companies to have. There are, though, many roadblocks that can occur with a live video like poor video quality and a lack of integration. These roadblocks can make the already stressful interviewing process even worse. When looking for a cloud-based video interviewing platform, it is in your company’s best interest to find a platform that accurately emulates an in-person interview.
During in-person interviews, facial expressions are important for both parties to be able to correctly interpret the meaning of what’s being said. This interaction is a key factor in making a well-informed hiring decision and without being able to see facial cues and expressions, hiring mistakes can be made. If your company is considering using video recruiting for your hiring purposes, make sure you choose a platform that has excellent audio and video quality. Before you decide to invest in any video recruitment tools, make sure you choose a solution that includes these features:
- Minimum of 25-30 frames per second
- HD video of 720 pixels
- Consumes 100-250 Kbps of bandwidth for a one-to-one call
- Consumes no more than 500 Kbps of bandwidth for a six-person call
- Has an auto-adaptive mechanism
- Can reduce the number of frames when bandwidth is low
- Allows participants to join the live video recruitment platform without having to download
- Allows candidates to join the platform without having to create an account
- Allows recruiters to organize group video interviews
- Allows recruiters and candidates to share their screens
- Ensures secure communications with encryption standards
- Offers user management capabilities
- Works on any network
- Is embedded into ATS or TM applications
- Allows recruiters to schedule video interviews
- Allows recruiters to send invitations directly from the app
- Allows recruiters to start a video interview with a single click from the app
While this may seem like a long list of requirements, video interviewing platforms have come a long way in the past few years and many of the top applications on the market offer these features. If you are unsure of where to start when looking for the best application for your needs, try looking at these top video interviewing platforms.
- Spark Hire
As recruitment tools get more intelligent, we will begin to see more digital recruitment trends like using AI, machine learning and bots impacting our recruitment efforts. Although right now AI, machine learning, and bots are used more for process automation and efficiency, most people suspect that we will soon be using these tools in our recruitment processes. AI and bots can drastically improve the way companies communicate with candidates, which is one of the biggest problems associated with the recruitment process.
As we see more sophisticated digital recruitment trends impact the way companies go about their hiring processes, it is likely that we will also see the different methods companies use to hire candidates change. Does your company use a cloud-based video interviewing platform? If not, this could be a serious game changer for you to think about implementing.