Marketing has evolved constantly over the past few years, and technology has caused a paradigm shift in the way marketing techniques are executed. While marketing is about communication with existing and potential customers, the goal is to sell a product or a service through this communication.
While it may sound simple, the concept of marketing is very intricate with interwoven processes that help marketers find new ways to engage audiences. Today, with social media emerging as a major platform for dispensing and receiving information, customers don’t spend a long time viewing websites or advertisements. With such a small window of opportunity, marketers use a bundle of tools to relay messages to potential buyers.
The concept of marketing will likely undergo many changes as technology continues to evolve. However, there are a few trends that marketers must be aware of and consider its effects upon their organizations:
1. The concept of marketing is based on rational thinking backed by statistics and analytics. This means marketers should run analytics on their campaigns and churn out meaningful statistics to chart the course ahead.
2. Everything is going mobile. Most your target audience is already finding everything they want through their mobile devices. Hence, it is important to run engaging marketing campaigns with this in mind.
3. Whether it is B2B marketing or B2C marketing, marketers use influencers to get their message across. Unlike earlier product-based models, influencer marketing involves working closely with subject matter experts.
4. There is so much technology development for marketing that marketers can drive productivity and efficiency to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
5. There will be an increased focus on customer retention.
6. A new concept called center-brain marketing is making in-roads. It is a framework that encompasses strategy, technology, and people.
7. Marketing for e-commerce will use interactive email campaigns to help businesses push their products to their target audience.
Traditional marketing has been considered a non-essential function in many organizations. Today, however, the role of marketers extends beyond random communication. Marketers will
drive business growth by creating multiple customer touchpoints to interact and engage with their business.
Download whitepaper on Important trends for Realizing Marketing Potential