Before working with deep learning applications, you must understand what deep learning is.
Deep learning is a new term, but it is all around us and many companies are planning to begin implementing it into their projects if they haven’t already done so.
Deep learning is new to the IT scene. Due to how new deep learning is, many companies have yet to implement it into their organization. While O’Reilly found that only 28% of the over 3,000 companies surveyed currently use deep learning, 92% believe it’ll play a role in their future projects. Many companies wish to move forward using deep learning but lack skilled people to allow them to achieve this.
Deep Learning Ideas
- The term “Deep Learning” is barely over five-years-old
- Deep learning is exploding among businesses and IT professionals
- Deep learning is giving computers enough understanding to do useful things
- Deep learning is the most AI technology companies use
- As computers acquire more data, deep learning algorithms will allow them to do things much better than humans
- Deep learning is constantly evolving and must be constantly studied to keep up with
- Deep learning is a subset of machine learning
- Deep learning has lots of layers
- Deep learning makes AI possible
Interesting Applications of Deep Learning
There are many deep learning and machine learning application examples ranging from natural language processing, NLP, to computer vision. Deep learning for business includes building intelligent systems to assist humans in various tasks. There are many application areas of deep learning including being able to reenact public figures, to being able to restore color to B&W photos and videos. Some interesting applications of deep learning include:
- Computer vision
- Pattern recognition
- Pixel restoration
- Describing photos
- Real-time analysis of behaviors
- Generating photos of galaxies
- Classifying Plankton
- Creating new images
- Playing video games and beating humans
- Self-driving cars
- Voice generation
- Music composition
- Restoring sounds
- Creating art
- Predicting demographics
- Predicting election results
- Creating deep learning networks
Deep learning applications are infinite once we can upload and have computers constantly analyze all the data available. Deep learning is not only able to outperform humans on tasks that they have spent years perfecting, it can also sift through enormous amounts of data to find answers faster than possible for any human. Deep learning is currently being used to find cures to many types of cancer, being used to advance robotics, it is being used to make AI much smarter, and it’s being used to increase the rate at which self-driving cars develop, just to name a few.
Deep Learning Projects for Beginners
- Build a Chatbot
- Make Proper Corrections to Writings
- Convert Female Portraits to Male Portraits & Vice-Versa
- Build a Video Game Playing Bot
All these projects use existing APIs or open sources applications and Python. If you have knowledge of how to use Python and existing APIs or open source applications, you can easily accomplish these above projects. A few of these projects also require Algorithmia credits, but if you don’t currently have any and aren’t willing to buy any, you are awarded 5000 free when you first signup.
Deep learning is improving our lives a great deal, even if you don’t realize it. It is predicted that deep learning applications will affect your life in the future, but for many of us, that’s already happening.