Many organizations have already gone beyond the concept of virtualization and are actively working under the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) model. This has enabled IT to become increasingly agile and flexible. Employees today use more devices than people in the past and are thus, more connected and interconnected. The demand for devices will continue to increase, especially among C-level executives who need access to business applications and data to make them more productive and efficient.
As the workforce undergoes a major paradigm shift, we see a faster deployment of mobile workspaces by organizations of all types. A secure and safe mobile workspace is built on a strong foundation of virtualization to make information easily accessible and employees highly productive.
Every IT organization must ask five critical questions and figure out how these questions can be addressed to bring true value to global companies. Many businesses are adopting mobile workspaces that include:
· EFSS, also known as Enterprise File Sync and Sharing, which allows people to access business data and files anywhere.
· EMM, known as Enterprise Mobility Management, which provides constant and high-end experience on any handheld device
· Networking that ensures scalability to fit business needs by providing access controls
· Mobile technology that has transformed the way enterprises work.
According to a survey conducted by Forrester Research, 58 percent of the workforce expects companies to provide mobile tools for employees to use. IT organizations must answer five critical questions in an effort to deliver mobile workspaces:
· Is the business able to deliver an app that users want with the right experience and features?
· Irrespective of the type of app, can the business provide a secure app to users?
· Is there a secure way to exchange documents?
· Is a mobility vendor strategy well planned, and does it make complete sense?
· How are enterprise apps and data being secured?
If you can answer these questions, you are on course to embrace a mobile workforce. It is better to identify important scenarios and workflows before going into deployment. Finally, along with business requirements, businesses should evaluate issues of security and compliance.
Download the white paper on:- 5 Questions to Guide You Toward Mobile Workspace Delivery