What is HR Management Software?
The core of every organization’s activities revolves around humans. Hence, having an effective HR system is pivotal to achieving improved productivity. With HR Management software, the HR department of a company can effectively handle the performance management of employees, shift scheduling, payroll management, employee training, and people management.
An HR Management software is simply a digital platform that organizes all activities related to the management of employees.
With a vast amount of available HR management software in the market, selecting the best HR management software can be quite confusing and tedious. To simplify the selection process, we have highlighted some of the popular HR management software, with their major functionalities and other important details.
Best HR Management Software to Know
UltiPro is a widely used HR management software that provides a single-source solution to manage talents and payroll processes. It is equipped with powerful business intelligence and machine learning capabilities.
Hence, it accurately provides insights to assist in business decision-making. It has a smooth user interface and can be configured to meet the company’s needs.
- Talent Management to track the performance of employees and offer career guides
- UltiPro TouchBase, allow employers to view important information using the touchscreen, and perform other tasks.
- Workforce Management
- Benefits Management, to enable employees to make well-informed decisions on the right benefits package for them.
HR management software, BambooHR, provides one of the best end-to-end HR management solutions.
- Applicant Tracking System
- Employee self-onboarding
- Time-off tracking
- Employee database and records
- Electronic signature
- Performance management and many more.
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) provided by BambooHR enables companies to effectively manage diverse aspects of the employee lifecycle.
The software is designed for small and medium-sized enterprises and may not be effective for handling the HR management activities of large enterprises.
Workday HCM leverages modern technology to provide tools that create a unique synchronization of solutions to HR, finance, payroll, and management issues. Workday HCM offers a Software-as-a-Service solution to all kinds of businesses including small- and large-scale enterprises.
The Absence Management feature of the software allows the HR department of a company to manage the company’s absence policies through the use of integrated self-service features.
With the Workday Compensation Management feature, companies can create and organize complex compensation plans in-line with the organization’s requirements. Additionally, through Workday Organization Management, an organization can efficiently analyze their workforce to get detailed insights.
- Unique synchronization
- Integrated self-service
- Workday compensation management
Ceridian Dayforce is another great HR management software that enables companies to make continuous payment calculations to aid decision-making. Ceridian Dayforce is cloud-based and offers a solution to HR, benefits, payroll, and employee management.
The software consolidates all Human Capital Management processes.
- Predictive analytics
- Time and attendance
- Performance management.
Kronos Workforce Ready
When it comes to affordability, Kronos Workforce ready is a wonderful HR management software option. This cloud-based solution empowers organizations to control labor costs. With a single platform and its integrated features, organizations can get solutions to increase employee productivity and coordinate scheduling and timekeeping.
- Leave management
- Performance management
- Compensation management
- Workforce management
ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an easy-to-use tool that provides solutions to aid the simplification of administrative tasks in an organization.
- Human Resources
- Benefits Administration
- Time & Attendance
- Talent Management
- Cloud-Based Document Storage
Oracle HCM Cloud
Oracle HCM Cloud is a powerful system that enables an organization to manage recruitment and also analyze workforce performance. It offers AI features that allow organizations to make data-driven decisions and also predict which employees may likely leave.
Other amazing features include:
- HCM analytics
- Workforce Rewards Cloud
- Talent Management Cloud
- Workforce Management Cloud
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM is designed to address the most complex business requirements. It provides HR solutions to handle all organizational transactions through its unique features which are listed below.
- Labour Rules and Monitoring
- Global Core Human Capital Management
- Workforce Management
- Talent Management
- Workforce Service Delivery
Paychex Flex is a cloud-based payroll management platform that enables organizations to manage payroll processes and activities.
It offers several features including:
- Tax management.
- Built-in safeguards.
- Automatic payroll
- Retirement data.
- Multiple employee pay options.
- Labor distribution.
Zenefits is a scalable cloud-based HR management software designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. By digitalizing payroll activities, it significantly relieves the HR department of stress.
- Desktop and Mobile compatibility
- Payroll Management and Direct Deposits
- Self-service Portal for Performance Management
- Attendance Management Portal for effective reporting.
SAP SuccessFactors is a seamlessly integrated HR management software that provides cloud-based solutions to boost workforce productivity and the efficiency of employee management.
It can be adapted to meet the unique operations of each business and the constantly changing needs. Below are some of the features that make it a good option for businesses:
- Workforce Planning and Analytics
- Time and Attendance Management
- Budget Management
- Automated Employee Controls
- Recruiting and Onboarding
- Performance and Compensation
Paylocity is another leading HR management software designed to assist small businesses. It provides an online payroll system and is capable of handling very complex business tasks.
It offers a centralized database for storing all employee information and for monitoring compensations and benefits of employees. Other features are highlighted below.
- Payroll Management
- Employee Management
- Activity Dashboard
- Calendar system for planning and scheduling official trips and activities.
- Accessibility from any type of device due to the web-based nature of the software
APS Core HR Solution
With the APS Core HR solution, all business activities involving payroll and HR are alienated from the typically associated stress. It provides a solution to automate HR processes, manage payroll processes, and handle workforce management.
The provision of personalized services enables it to meet the unique needs of each business. Other amazing features are listed below:
- Workforce performance management
- Management of employee benefits and compensation
Dayforce HCM is a powerful HR management software that reduces the tediousness of HR processes. It aids the administration and management of business and HR processes through a variety of features such as:
- Onboarding to facilitate the adaptation of new employees to the workplace and enable a smooth transition
- Workflow management to speed up business processes and increase productivity
- Payroll, to improve the speed of payroll processing.
- Document Management
SyncHR provides a unified solution to HR, payroll, and benefits. The cloud-based solution offers features such as:
- Data management for compliance reporting
- Self-service portal for employees
- Talent Management
- Performance management to stimulate employees in order to increase productivity. This also facilitates the alignment of employees with the company’s mission.
Sage People is a very powerful cloud-based HR management software that can be used on any device. It provides automation of HR workflow process. It also provides key insights, generated from analyzing data, to improve the productivity of a business and its employees.
- With Sage People, businesses have access to great features including:
- Mobile HR services: This allows businesses to have access to HR functions via mobile devices. This feature enables Sage People to create a very accessible platform. With the mobile service, workers can communicate with one another.
- Compensation Management: This feature allows businesses to create compensation programs to meet the complex business requirements, improve employee productivity, and reward employees with outstanding performance.
- Talent Management
- Attendance and Leave Management
- Employee portal to monitor real-time updates on the activities of each employee
For businesses that seek a solution that manages every aspect of the employee lifecycle, PDS vista is the go-to option. The amazing in-built visualization capability allows companies to visualize data and understand all insights embedded in the data. Vista’s mobile compatibility allows users to use the platform anywhere, round the clock.
Additionally, it contains integrated workflow automation for processes, allowing processes to be done more efficiently with less tediousness. It also creates a very secure environment by enabling administrators to manage the information that is available to all users.
PDS vista is bundled with a host of other amazing features including:
- Career Portal: This feature enables automation and ranking of job applicants based on the specified criteria. With the Career Portal, applicants can complete the entire application process via their mobile phones.
- Career Planning for employees
- Self-service portal
- Employee engagement, to keep track of the contribution of employees to the growth of the organization.
- Benefits management
Cornerstone OnDemand is a cloud-based HR management software product that provides solutions to help companies effectively manage talent and performance of their workforce.
It provides a medium to attractively communicate the mission and values of the company, thereby attracting applications from quality talents that align with the company’s values.
With a customized onboarding feature, it facilitates the smooth transitioning of employees. It also leverages machine learning to recommend relevant learning resources to employees. These recommendations aid self-development and, in turn, boost the overall productivity of the business.
- Audit insights to enable the auditing of employee records
- Learning Management, to provide an improved learning experience for employees, with a variety of learning resources.
- Compliance reporting
- Employee Dashboard
- Competency catalog
The HR management software, Viventium, provides a cloud-based solution for companies to handle all tasks involving HR, payroll, recruitment, and attendance. Its flexibility and simplicity make it a great solution to meet Human Capital Management needs.
With Viventium, employers can analyze employee data and monitor all employee activities. Viventium has a fantastic user interface that allows anyone to use it without any challenge.
It also provides automation of tasks, customizable templates, and ledger integrations. The software platform offers features that are focused on employees, thus, increasing the satisfaction of employees. Using the detailed HR audit functionality, costs associated with HR processes can be significantly reduced.
- Payroll processing
- Business intelligence: The integration of business intelligence capabilities allows companies to generate key actionable insights to drive business decisions and also create comprehensive reports on analytics from data.
- Time and attendance
- Employee onboarding
- Calendar management
- Tax Management
Trinet offers businesses HR solutions to handle payroll, risk management and compliance, and benefits. It encompasses features including:
- Tax reporting
- Seamless payroll
- Travel Management
How to Choose the Best HR Management Software
In choosing the best HR management software for your company, one thing you should consider is filtering the available options that fit into your budget range to ensure that your choice will be one you can afford.
Also, it is advisable to embrace an HR management software that is cloud-based because this eliminates the time and cost associated with using internal services. The flexibility and user-friendliness of the software should also be put into consideration. You don’t want to purchase an HR management software that your organization or HR department will find difficult to use.
Hence, it is important that you choose an HR management software that doesn’t require significant time and monetary training investment before you can use it. The software should also be easily accessible anywhere, across various devices. Above all, the software should contain features that meet the needs of your company
HR management operations can be faster, smoother, and easier with the use of the right HR management software. If you are not already using an HR management software, having one is essential to increasing the performance of your workforce to your desire and also boosting productivity.