Today, much of the world is easily accessible online, but certain aspects remain untouched such as the retail world which has been resolved by the company, Adeptmind. The company recently launched a deep learning arm which provides 100 percent precise search for retailers and will no longer get “no results found” search issues. Further, to work on this venture, the company has protected additional seed funding from Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, with total funding to date standing at $5.5 million.
The primary goal of Adeptmind is to utilize current deep learning techniques to generate a more self-aware search engine, renovate search to better understand customers’ needs, and link shoppers to products quickly. Online retailers can also improve conversion, save millions typically spent on metadata tagging and will offer customers the experience of their best in-store sales managers online.
“We want to give online shoppers the best knowledge in the least amount of time – in-store sales people know the inventory inside and out and can offer the best recommendations for whatever you may need – we’re recreating that experience with Adeptmind,” G Wu, co-founder and CEO of Adeptmind, said. “This will help retailers increase revenue from online sales by simply connecting customers to the products they are looking to buy faster than anyone else.”
Some of the highlights of Adeptmind’s technology include:
• Accurate search results achieved by applying the latest deep learning, active learning, reinforcement learning, and transfer learning techniques
• Easy integration and setup that doesn’t change the look and feel of your site so customers won’t feel any difference
• Frictionless navigation experience and improved discoverability using free-form search queries, filters, and question answering
• Continuous learning that is self-aware and seeks help from customer service agents if needed
• Self-adapting metadata that automatically scrapes user opinions and sentiments daily to adjust search rankings to align with whatever is popular
“Greatest advances in science are made when scientists are given as much freedom as possible,” mentioned by Kyunghyun Cho, assistant professor of computer science and data science at NYU. “The Adeptmind Scholar Fellowship provides such an opportunity to the recipients at NYU’s Center for Data Science, greatly facilitating advances in data science.”