Blackboard has been assisting schools, teachers, and other educational institutions help people learn and grow in dynamic ways. As the landscape of education continues to change, Blackboard partners with the global education community to leverage technology and other solutions to present the most successful opportunities for student, teacher, institution, and company success. From teachers to trainers to IT administrators, Blackboard words to ensure innovative education technology and solutions are delivered in the best way possible.
Blackboard’s dedication and commitment to student success has earned the company several awards. In 2017 alone, the company was awarded the Best Advance in Mobile Learning Technology and Best Advance in Technology for Virtual-Classroom or Conferencing Technology from the Brandon Hall Group Excellence Awards in Technology. Additionally, it received Best Compliance LMS and Best Academic LMS award from Talented Learning LMS Awards.
BLACKBOARD FAST FACTS:
- Created: 1997
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- Industry: Educational technology
- Company Size: 3000+ employees
- Revenue: $700+ million
- Stock Symbol: Privately Held
- Nice to Know: Company has spent millions on acquisitions to limit competition
- CEO: Dr. William (Bill) Ballhaus
- CSO: Lily Ladd
- CPO: Tim Tomlinson
- CCO: Tim Atkin
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLACKBOARD:
Learn more about Blackboard.
BLACKBOARD IN THE NEWS:
- Blackboard Bringing Contactless Student IDs to Apple Wallet
- NPR’s Shankar Vedantam to Address Annual Gathering of Education Leaders at BbWorld 2018
- Blackboard’s Student App Wins SIIA Education Technology CODiE Award